Herbal combinations are a powerful way to reduce or eliminate acne symptoms. But, using herbal mixtures can sometimes increase acne activity or breakout temporarily. Do not panic, herbs are one of the most powerful ways to cleanse the blood, reduce body toxin and start the acne healing process.
Here’s an herbal tea that you can make. Look for these herbs in your health food store or order them from an herbal online store.
* Figwort 1 ounce
* Turkey corn 1 ounce
* Echinacea 1 ounce
* Thuja 1 ounce
* Yellow dock 1 ounce
* Arctium lappa ounce
* Iris versicolor ounce
Make the the tea by combining all the herbs into a glass jar and shaking them until the mix well. Then boil a cup and one half of distilled water and add one heaping tablespoon of herbal mixture. Then immediately simmer the mixture for 5 – 10 minutes. The longer you let simmer the stronger the tea will be. Just simmer long enough so that the tea does not get so strong that you will dislike it. These teas will an unpleasant taste to begin with so the strong it get the strong the taste. If you can not find a particular herb just leave it out and continue with creating your tea.
Here is another tea formulation that you can make to reduce your acne symptoms. You can choose one of these herbs or combine 2 or 3 of them to make a more powerful herbal acne tea. Drink the tea throughout the day.
* Fragrant valerian
* Marshmallow root
* Wild strawberry leaves
* Yarrow root
Herbal Extract – Burdock-Sarsaparilla Compound
The Burdock-Sarsaparilla Compound is an extract that is designed for acne. Its main function is to improve liver function, purify the blood, reduce acne inflammation, and fight acne bacterial infections.
This is a liquid herbal extract that is taken in water or as drops into your mouth. Follow the instructions on the bottle on how to use it.
The Burdock-Sarsaparilla Compound and contains the following herbs,
* Burdock mature seed – helps to purify the liver, balances hormones, neutralizes acid, is anti-inflammatory, and useful in purifying the blood.
* Jamaican sarsaparilla root – helps scaling skin, is blood purifying, reduces itching, helps balance hormones
* Nettle mature seed – is anti-inflammatory for the skin, neutralizes acid waste with its high mineral content
* Yellow dock root – rich in iron and works to improve liver function, helps build good blood, helps purify blood and lymphatic liquid, helps increase bile, which helps to reduce constipation
* Spilanthes flowing herb – improves immunity to fight bacterial infection on the skin
* Sassafras root bark – blood cleansing, anti-inflammatory for the skin,
Burdock-Sarsaparilla Compound was formulated by an herbalist for acne so it is excellent herbal acne remedy and is not very expensive. Try to locate it at your health food store and if not go to the internet. On the Internet you may pay around $16.00 shipping included